Sunday, June 21, 2009

La Copa



April 1982
My brother Ignacio is four years older than me and very charming. When we were young, my sister and I competed for his attention as he was a load of fun. He used to persuade us to give him a back massage after school claiming he was exhausted. We eagerly obliged. As a reward, he started handing out these lovely silver and copper trophy cups to us and we were delighted. When we unpacked our boxes after moving to Brazil, my mother found them. Ignacio had sneekily taken my father’s golf trophies and claimed them as his own when he gave them to us. My dad had been looking for them and thought they’d been stolen. I felt it was so unfair when my sister and I were grounded for a week.

****************************************************************************************************************************************


No comments:

Post a Comment